Pages

Sunday 20 December 2015

Crazy Crafters & Pootlers December Blog Hop!


Welcome to the Crazy Crafters & Pootles Blog Hop for December. This month we are excited to show off our "2016 Occasions / Saleabration Sneak Peeks". We hope you find great inspiration from the projects. You may just be starting the blog hop here at my blog or you may have come from Wendy. Be sure to click on the next button further down to continue your journey on this blog hop to Camille.

This month we have very exciting news that we have the famous Pootles - Sam Donald and her lovely team playing along with us all the way from the UK!! We are thrilled that they said yes to playing along with the Crazy Crafters this month as Sam is VERY talented and has a following all around the world. Thanks Sam and her team. x

How exciting!! There's a whole new catalogue coming out on 5 January 2016 & it's got so many great items in it! I just about wanted everything from the Occasions catalogue!! It's all gorgeous! I'm so excited! I've got my good friend's wedding coming up & I knew exactly the card I was going to make for her as soon as I saw the lovely Rose Garden Die set! She absolutely loves navy, so there's my colour chosen.

Now the theme this month is ONE - one stamp set, one die or punch, one colour card stock, one Designer Series Paper (DSP), one colour ink etc etc. So Night of Navy card stock with the Rose Garden Dies & I might throw in a bit of the lovely Botanicals Vellum DSP....

Let me work my magic & hey presto!! Here's my card, I hope you like it!!


As you can see, I didn't end up using any ink and instead I chose to use this lovely Celebrate wooden embellishment. I have covered the Rose Garden die cut with Crystal Effects to make it really pop from the card as it's also Night of Navy. I've then backed it with the Botanicals Vellum DSP with the little blossoms on it & fussy cut it out.


I tried several different options with this rose, using the matching stamp in gold, daubing the rose in gold, but the gold just wasn't working how I saw it in my mind. It was actually my husband's idea to use the Crystal Effects & I think the gloss navy on the matte navy is really effective.

And that's it, that's my super simple, super pared back card & you know, for someone who often goes overboard with layers & rhinestones, I absolutely love it! I hope you all do, too :P

Remember to sign up for my newsletter in the top right hand corner of my blog so you never miss out on specials & news!

Click on the Previous button to go back to Wendy's post or the Next button to go on to Camille's post.

http://camscreativity.blogspot.com.au/2015/12/crazy-crafters-and-pootlers-blog-hop.htmlhttp://wendyboag.blogspot.com/2015/12/crazy-crafters-and-pootlers-occasions.html







Here's a list of everyone taking part in this months' Blog Hop in case you get lost along the way!



Thank you so much for stopping by, I hope you have fun on the Blog Hop carosel. See you next time!




40 comments:

  1. Just love how you have done the rose Jessie, gorgeous. Angexx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am loving that rose....am definitely going to have to get the set

    ReplyDelete
  3. I now NEED this flower. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Jessie - I can not wait for my Rose die to arrive! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That glossy rose is stunning! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sam & thanks for jumping on board with us this month, it's been fun!! xx

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous card. I might have to get that rose die now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the flower on this, it looks like it's led lighting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right! I hadn't thought of that! I'm going to have to use my ink roller on some vellum & maybe use some antique silver heat emboss on the rose & see if I can make a real stained glass window effect!! Yay for new ideas!! xx

      Delete
  8. This is gorgeous Jessie - what a gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kylie! And thank you for your extra help this month setting it all up xx

      Delete
  9. The crystal effects adds such a great finish. Love it

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving the rose Jessie - very clever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate, although after hopping through, I think I may have over-simplified things :P oh well, it's all experience & I'm having a ton of fun xx

      Delete
  11. love the rose you did a great job Jessie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Had been tossing up what to order next, might have to reshuffle my 'wants' versus 'needs' list now. LOL
    Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty, must get mine out and have a go!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card Jessie. I need that flower now 😊
    Hugs
    Justyna xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card Jessie! I love how a little glossy accent makes a rose pop from the card x

    ReplyDelete
  16. love the crystal effects on the rose, perfect effect

    ReplyDelete